Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Reports of my Death...

James Ross Clemens, a cousin of mine was seriously ill two or three weeks ago in London, but is well now. The report of my illness grew out of his illness, the report of my death was an exaggeration. - Mark Twain (May 1897)

Yes, all those reports of my death were an exaggeration…but I do thank all those folks who sent flowers and sympathy cards…there is nothing like your death to bring people “out of the woodwork”.

My last posting was Wednesday , September 30, 2009…so I have to catch everyone up.

The last few months have been a little rough on me: my breathing deteriorated, I lost most of what little energy that I had, and my weakened immune system allowed me to contract several things one after another…I had become dehydrated, which brought back the nausea, got a screaming case of the shingles along the nerve where they did the laparoscopic surgery, got a very good case of bronchitis (which nearly turned into pneumonia). My dear Sarah has been so wonderful that I sent a letter to the Pope asking that she be canonized…so in the future I will probably be speaking of Saint Sarah. She has put up with a whole lot of whining the last few months…but she did call me a DORK when I told her that one of my medications tasted like “sour owl shit”.

For the most part I have adjusted to living up here in the Frozen Tundra…and to be quite honest I like Thief River Falls a lot. I didn’t like the fact that we got snowed in at Christmas and didn’t get to visit the “little girls” until New Year’s Eve. We stayed at my son; Ben’s…and had a really wonderful time. We went down again for my granddaughter Dani’s fourth birthday and could not get over how much MacKenzie had changed…she barely talked at New Year’s, and now she talks all of the time and is really funny. She is only two, but she misses her Poppa the most, and calls me almost every day…but most of the time she just wants to talk to our little Aussie-Poo, Elsie. She might miss her more than she misses me.

Well, now that you know that I am still alive and pretty much on the mend…there will be more next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment