Friday, November 12, 2010

And The Very Latest From The Frozen Tundra...

It has been rather uneventful up here in the Frozen Tundra lately.

Sarah has been working her butt off trying to get the “Guest House” in shape, and as usual I haven’t been any help. Sometimes I feel pretty damn worthless. When I was younger, I was always doing things around the house and yard, but now I'm just too damn worn out. But, it is hard to see her work so very hard and not be able to jump in and help.

Sarah’s ex, Pat Shafer gave us a couple of really nice pieces of deer meat (a backstrap and a flank). I don’t have any good knives right now but, I did the best that I could with what I had to work with, and got some nice steaks, two roasts, some tenders, and some stew meat out of the pieces. So far I fried up the tenders and they were wonderful!

Sarah has been trying to teach me how to play WOW, but sometimes we both think that it might be a lost cause. I am a dwarf hunter named STONEWOLLF and she is a dwarf priest named SHARRASS. My avatar really looks a whole lot like me, which in itself makes the whole damn thing pretty scary. I like the game and the concepts and I appreciate how wonderful the graphics are…I just suck at games.

The Legion had a special Veteran’s Day Dinner, they have wonderful food and it is cheap. The special dinner was chicken breast in gravy, cheesy mashed potatoes, corn and Cole slaw. There was chocolate cake for dessert, and the whole thing was $5 a plate. The beverage was extra, but wow…the food was good and you can’t eat at either McDonald’s or Subway that cheap. They had a drawing for ten $10 prizes, and I won one of them. So the only money we spent was for the beverage. The speaker was the District Commander out of Moorhead, he retired after 37 years as full colonel in the Air Force, it is even more remarkable since he rose from the ranks. He taught school for about eleven years and the started his own insurance agency. He was a really good speaker and it was really an excellent way to spend Veteran’s Day.

Well, it is my first Game Night. Sarah and her friends used to have them quite regularly, but haven't had any since she has been married to me. Sarah and I played Trivial Pursuit as a team, and while we didn't win the game, we had the most correct answers. It was really fun and I look forward to doing it again.

So, I am up here in the Frozen Tundra trying to stay warm because it’s “colder than a well-digger’s ass” right now, and it just started to snow. Oh, whoop-de-do!

And that’s the absolute truth, give or take a lie or two…see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment