Saturday, August 8, 2009

Welcome to the Wolf Den

I am not going to follow any particular pattern in developing this weblog...those of you who are "Old Hands" at this may have some issues with how I proceed...BUT IT IS MY WEBLOG!!

I want those of you who don't know me that well to be aware that there have been many changes in my life recently. After almost 67 years I found the LOVE of MY LIFE and married her on July 4, 2009. We moved from the Metropolitan Twin Cities with a population of over 3 million to Thief River Falls with a population of about 8400, needless to say this was a very big change. Like the Jimmy Buffett song, it required "Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes".

My new bride told me that Thief River Falls was so small that everyone knows everybody's business...she told me that she had received a ton of sympathy cards because of my farting! As you can see my bride is as much of a SMARTASS as me...speaking of which all my wolf pups turned out to be SMARTASSES...imagine that!

Probably the biggest transition has come over a long period of time...going from ALPHA WOLF and leading the pack to a mangy, old, crippled-up wolf. they say the memory is the first thing to go...but whoever they are...are wrong!! I still remember the LEGENDARY years, but the memories DO grow dimmer every year.

The achievements of the early years have lost a lot of their lustre and I finally realized that the most important things in life are family and the love and caring that occurs in a family unit. I have five (5) little Grandbaby Girls...and they bring so much joy into my life that I don't regret MOST of the reversals that have occurred in my life.

That's enough to start off with...but I will be back often for those of you who might be interested.

1 comment: