Friday, May 14, 2010

More About My Wonderful Wife...

In the last posting I told everyone a little about my wife Sarah…but there is so much more to tell.

Sarah has so many, many facets that it is like you’re a looking at some type of cut jewel.

First, she is extremely “down to earth” and one would be hard-pressed to find anyone who dislikes her. She is very bright, and has the type of mind that if we watch a documentary…she has to go online to find out more about whatever it was we were watching. If it is fiction…she has to explore what parts were true and what actually came from the writer’s mind.

I mentioned in the last posting about her recovery from the procedure she had done to correct Barrett’s Esophagus. She explored every aspect of the condition, the surgical procedure, the side effects of the surgery, the recovery period, and what things would change for life.

I believe that she may have taken over from Dick Clark as “the world’s oldest teenager”. I mentioned before that she is an electronics tech, with a second degree in computer technology. Well, you can add to this that she has been a “gamer”, and this aspect of her personality has given her a lot of young friends.

Now at the opposite extreme is this technologically challenged individual that she married. I am not good at any games that require fine motor skills and hand to eye coordination. I like the “old school” games like Civilization, and Pirates, and Age of Empires. These are strategy games but can be played solo. My technology is still “Hammer & Stone” and I still “drag my knuckles”.

Sarah has tried to teach me World of Warcraft…but she has played for a long time and I am sure that I must frustrate the hell out of her. She is probably going to have better luck at Beatles Rockband…cause I really like the songs!

One of the things that constantly amazes me is that her father and my father had the same sayings and humor…the first time I started one of these and she chimed in and finished it absolutely blew me away.




I’ll tell you more later…when I see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment