Sunday, May 9, 2010

A new wife...a new life

I have told you a little about Sarah, my new wife, but there is so much more to tell.

Sarah is a certified SMARTASS…she is so quick that she has me “in stitches” a lot of the time. Most of the really good SMARTASS remarks are of a private nature, and I have promised her that they will not be shared in postings. Just let me say this…there have been times when one of her quick-witted remarks made me laugh so hard that I thought that I would “piss myself”.

The first example that I can post of the remarks that I remember is: when she was brought back to her room from surgery, and Dr. Guiterrez (the surgeon) asked how she felt and she immediately responded with “my fingers”. Now you have to understand that by this time Sarah had seen Dave Guiterrez enough times to know that the comment was one SMARTASS to ANOTHER. He has had some pretty good quips during our earlier visits.

I will say that she never misses an opportunity to “zing” me, but it is in the spirit of our relationship.

I always believed that if you wanted unconditional love…you went to your mother, you needed to find a child under the age of nine, or a dog of your own. My children have proved this wrong because no matter where I was in life, “Prince or Pauper”, they have loved me. But, I never had a wife that loved me unconditionally…until now. Do you know how lucky that makes me!

As I have mentioned in earlier postings…Thief River Falls has a population of about 8,500 and I really had no trouble getting used to it. It is colder here than it is in the Cities, and it is much more “laid back”. People leave their cars running in parking lots, and their homes unlocked, no one is fearful of any part of town…and yet there is some diversity provided by Northland, (the community college in town).

My politics and the fact that I express myself so openly haven’t endeared me to some people because I am so VERY Blue in this sea of Red population.

The local people here also eat “Minnesota White”…the biggest risk most will take is an occasional trip to one of the Cantonese Restaurants or a semi-annual stop at Taco John's. My ethnic cooking certainly doesn’t get the respect around here that I am used to…Sarah being the exception of course, she does gumbo better than anyone, and loves my cooking.


That’s all for now…see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment